About us - Jobs
Building "The Bloomberg of the Online Advertising Ecosystem": Proximic is setting the new golden standard of real-time Data Services in display advertising and we are delivering big data insights and solutions for marquee customers in the industry. Proximic specializes in Contextual and Brand Protection Data to improve ad targeting, and Audience Interest Data to improve predictive modeling. Our non-linguistic contextual profiling technology called Pattern Proximity™ along with our Dynamic Category Matching™ engine provides the most granular, accurate and actionable data in the market.
Proximic is a privately funded company based in Palo Alto, backed by successful investors. We are a team consisting of industry veterans and smart people who love making a difference in the industry, are thrilled with the current opportunities in the ad tech and data space, and enjoy what we do. We're looking for talented, motivated and impactful people to help our business grow!
Come help us scale in the marketplace.
We are hiring
- Competitive compensation
- An excellent entrepreneurial work atmosphere allowing dynamic driven innovation
- Strong opportunities for advancement
- Strong benefits package competitive in the valley for like companies
Applicants will be screened over the course of 2 to 4 interviews, in order to determine suitability and fit. Both oral discussion regarding Java knowledge at a systems-level as well as review of a complex data structure interaction in Java will be conducted.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and source
code examples of your work (if this isn't possible, you may also
submit an online portfolio of your work) to email@example.com.
Project Need and Scope
We are looking for a dynamic contributor to Proximic's core development team, who enjoys building innovative technology and applications designed for huge scale and effectiveness. Work with us to create game-changing products for the advertising data space, that have immediate market impact with large, well-known customers. This position is full-time and based in our main office in downtown Palo Alto, CA. Applicants must be suitable for immediate employment.
- Develop extensible, scalable, reliable software for distributed processing/ querying and responsiveness
- Propose and test improvements to ad targeting, optimization, brand protection and test algorithms
- Understand and affect the product direction related to data-driven applications that emotionally excite and financially benefit our customers
- Adhere to modern development processes (task breakdown & estimation, code reviews, unit tests, version control, ...)
- Participate in the full development cycle from scoping to implementation within realistically aggressive time frames
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred - M.S. or Ph.D. a plus
- 3+ years experience of in server side development of multithreaded, complex, scalable systems
- 5+ years of systems-level/core Java
- Strong experience in building high performance applications and using different caching techniques in real world situations
- Proven track record of excellent coding skills to write reliable / clean and maintainable software
- Structured thinker, effective communicator, excellent programming and analytic skills
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming in Java
- Experience in online advertising systems (display or SEM), computer linguistics, applied statistics and/or machine learning a plus
- Start-up-comfort: wear many hats in a fast-paced environment, willing and eager to learn and design new technologies; must be flexible in approach
- Highly self motivated, proactive, hardworking innovator with a "team-first" attitude
Project Need and Scope
Is your view of Systems Engineering that no job is complete until it’s automated, monitored and documented? Is your passion for automation matched by your passion for large scale? Do you love digging into the code and finding its innermost secrets? Do you habitually check all your changes into a revision control system? If this describes you, Proximic may just have the challenge you’re looking for.
We looking to hire passionate Systems Administrators to help build out our platform and ensure that we can continue to scale beyond the hundreds of thousands of requests per second that we currently handle. Obviously, at these scales, automation is key so your knowledge of Puppet, Python and shell will be made use of on a daily basis as will your troubleshooting skills while you work with the team to tune our Java stack. While the frontend systems are colocated to handle the sub 10ms latency requirements, our backend is almost exclusively in AWS so a strong knowledge of API driven systems administration is preferred.
This position is full-time and based in our main office in downtown Palo Alto, CA. Applicants must be suitable for immediate employment.
- Constantly improve the maintainability and scalability of the production environment.
- Work with engineering to design solutions that scale and ensure new services will be operationally maintainable.
- Ensure Proximic services are always available and operating optimally.
- Monitor all the nooks and crannies of applications so that issues are caught by the team rather than partners and customers.
- Document everything, no because you need to, but because you understand how much it improves your life and that of your team mates.
- Participate in code reviews where your thoughtful feedback will help the team continuously improve.
- Passion for building scalable and maintainable infrastructure in a team.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux core technologies and an ability to describe fundamental kernel internals.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies and their application.
- Programming experience in a common administrative language such as Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities at both the systems and application levels.
- Experience building processes which help teams go faster rather than being miring them in bureaucracy.
- Written and oral communications skills that allow you to effectively present ideas to the team and management.
- Advanced Python and/or Java programming.
- JVM internals and tuning.
- Experience in multi-tier application architecture.
- API driven systems administration (AWS, Rack Space, Joyent, home grown).